lefttab about index follow righttab

Sunday 3 October 2021

2021 Project 365 // Days 267 -273

 



24th September 2021
It's a brutal day in the insect world inside our garden.
The huge spider baby has been working hard with the blue bottle catches in its web and I witnessed the craziest attack while out playing with Baker.

At first, I was confused and thought perhaps Baker or I had been stung as all I saw was a wasp plummet through the air to land in the gravel.
I ran and got my camera to get a zoomed-in look without putting my face close and saw that the wasp had actually attacked a crane fly!
They were wrestling and struggling and although it's the animal kingdom - circle of life so to say - I automatically had to do something.
I grabbed a fallen leaf and used it to push the wasp off of the crane fly.
The wasp flew away and the crane fly was reaching its legs to grab the leaf so I lifted
them off the ground with the leaf and placed them on our Rhododendron.
It seemed the wasp had taken some of the poor crane fly's legs.
Despite that it looked like they were going to fly off, however sadly upon checking a few hours later I found they'd not made it.

It sounds ridiculous to be writing this and you probably think I'm mad for caring, but things like this really make me sad.
It is all natural and life has to happen a certain way, but it's still okay to be sad about it.


25th September 2021
This is the 3rd time I've seen the Geese fly over this season and out of the hundreds of times
I've experienced it in my life, I get equally as excited every time.
I ran so fast to grab my camera but they were already pretty far away by the time I got back outside.
I wonder how fast they actually fly...



26th September 2021
Not a bath for Foolish Mortals...


27th September 2021
I love weather like today - absolutely chucked it down, then the sun came out. Best of both worlds.


28th September 2021
It's crazy how invested I have become in the lives of the spider family in our garden,
considering I'm somewhat frightened of spiders.


29th September 2021
Making the slowest of slow progress on what is probably the most difficult jigsaw we have ever done.


30th September 2021
We haven't had any of Anubis in the daily photos for a long time, so this is overdue!
This is his (and our) reaction to RPDR UK S3E1 - not amused!

No comments:

Post a Comment