lefttab about index follow righttab

Sunday 12 June 2022

2022 Project 365 // Days 155 - 161

 





4th June 2022
Saturday is my day with the Cats at CP so it's a double day of photos with cats and 30DW.
Today, which is coincidentally Hug Your Cat Day, I got to love on Kirby, Leo and sisters Alicia & Nessy.

As for 30DW - Topping up the feeders, tables and bird baths is part of my daily routine as is watching all our gorgeous visitors.
After our experience with Rhea (a Pigeon we rescued and rehabbed earlier in the year), I always notice any birds that don't seem quite right.
This lovely little lady that has been dubbed Kevin for her fancy hair-do (guess that reference) has been visiting our garden daily for a while now.
I first noticed she had a wound on her neck a few weeks ago so have kept a close eye on her.
Thankfully it's all healed up and now she just has some fancy feathers sticking out.
Every single bird that visits our gardens makes my day, but there are some visitors who have an extra special place in my heart.
Oh, we also saw a Jay this morning while I drove Mr H to work.
Gutted I couldn't get a photo as I've never seen one before!



5th June 2022
Happy World Environment Day!
While I cleaned up a little outside our gate and pruned the bushes I came across
this 2-Spot Ladybird who I transferred onto our Nasturtiums.

This world environment day I implore you to take action now for our planet.
Going vegan is one of the biggest ways to reduce your environmental impact
and could cut your carbon footprint from food up to 73%!!
Not to mention the millions of innocent lives that could be saved.

Other ways to do your bit - Reduce, reuse, recycle! Limit your plastic waste. Pick up any litter you see.
 Conserve water. Turn off appliances/don't leave things on standby. Choose reusables, say no to disposable. Plant trees and flowers.
But go vegan please πŸŒΏπŸ–€





6th June 2022
Day 6 of 30 Days Wild.

So excited that my beautiful goodies from Ellis Woolley Illustration arrived today!

There's nothing better than opening a parcel from a small business, especially knowing you're supporting someone with similar ethics to your own.
I ordered some super cute washi tapes to use with my 'Make This Book Wild' book that Mr H bought me to start using this month.
This gorgeous bee stopped by to check out the book too.

In other wild news, I watched our daily Pigeon flock doing what looked like eating the petals off a Hebe in the garden,
a couple Starlings and Sparrows polished off 3 whole fat balls just after I'd topped up when my RSPB order arrived
 and I did a spot of gardening - clearing out some of the finished spring pots ready to re-pot for summer!



7th June 2022
Day 7 of 30 Days Wild.

Topping up the Hedgehog food and checking on the cabin!
It's weathering well considering it's a few years old.
After taking the photo I did pop the bowl inside to hopefully stop any other visitors from eating it all up before the hedgehogs can get to it!












8th June 2022
Day 8 of 30 Days Wild.

🌊 Happy World Oceans Day!!
By a happy coincidence, last month we'd actually booked a boat trip for today!
Unfortunately, we had pretty wet weather, however, we were still lucky to see so many beautiful birds.
 Guillemots, Puffins, Razorbill, Kittiwakes, Herring Gull, Gannets, Fulmar, Black-Backed Gull, Shags,
 Arctic Tern, Eider Ducks (& chicks!), Cormorant, Black Headed Gulls and some Grey Seals too!

With a wet lens and soaking head to toe, my photos aren't the best but there are lots more coming to the blog in the following weeks.
KEEP THE SEAS PLASTIC FREE! Look after our Oceans and all their amazing inhabitants. 🌊







9th June 2022
Day 9 of 30 Days Wild.

Moving on from World Oceans Day yesterday, Mam and I popped down to the seafront for a quick litter pick early this morning.
At first, it seemed quite clean, but the more we looked the more we found.
The saddest things were the sheer amount of cigarette ends and tiny bits of plastic, already on their way to becoming the microplastics that are terrorising our world.
A strange find was a 7-Spot Ladybird sat on a piece of rubbish down by the shoreline.
They happily climbed aboard my hand and I ran them up to the grass where they flew happily away.
(I put them on some driftwood to take a quick photo beforehand!)

Once in the car and already on our way home, we had to stop just at the opening of the car park
to pick up a huge amount of waste from someone's takeaway food...mere meters from a bin.

Please, please, please be conscious of not only your waste disposal but of your consumption, to begin with.
Dropping litter is never excusable.
If you see any pick it up.
If there are no bins, take your waste home.
Recycle what you can and try not to buy single-use plastics.

With the number of options now available you should be able to avoid causing even more harm to our planet and our precious wildlife.
Not that there will be any fisherpeople reading this (go vegan!) but ghost gear is a huge problem and needs to stop.
It is the most harmful marine debris. If you find any at all please dispose of it accordingly.




10th June 2022
Day 10 of 30 Days Wild.
It seems a bit of a cop-out for a 'challenge' as it's a regular occurrence for me, but today I read sitting out in the garden,
hugging my dog and being often interrupted by my need to photograph each bird that stopped by.

The Last Bear by Hannah Gold seems very fitting for this month and although I'm only a third of the way through I can easily say I highly recommend it.
A poignant and extremely important topic brought to another audience in a heartfelt, fictional story.
I hope this will help more kids and parents alike care about and make changes in their lives to save our planet and precious wildlife.


No comments:

Post a Comment