lefttab about index follow righttab

Sunday 26 June 2022

2022 Project 365 // Days 169 - 175

 


18th June 2022
Day 18 of 30 Days Wild.

Pebble painting. I wish I'd kept painting and drawing after high school.
It's frustrating to not be able to translate what's in my head through my hands.








19th June 2022
Another week has come and gone already and again it's Sunday, my Cats Protection day.
The little babes I visited with today were some of the most loving I've ever met.
Every single one was huggy, kissy little sweethearts and I hope their future furrever families appreciate and love them immensely.
In order they are Doja, Angelina (who curled up completely and lay in my arms like a baby), Nessy, Sapphire, Rosie and my only boy of the day, Ted 🖤

Day 19 of 30 Days Wild is a wasp.
I think most people just flap them away and run from them but this one (assuming it's the same one)
 comes pretty much every day and very loudly 'chews' the bamboo screening on our fence.
I can hear them from across the garden and love to watch them! It's so interesting!


20th June 2022
Day 20 of 30 Days Wild.
I did attempt some cloud watching today, but the sky was unusually clear and blue.
Yesterday I saw a cloud that looked like a whale with a calf but I was driving and had no camera.
 However, I did have a sky photo ready for today...until Mr H shouted me when he had Baker out for the toilet.

Reepicheep was back on the bird table again!!
They seemed very hot so I brought out a smaller bowl of water for them and was shocked at how close I was able to approach.
It makes me a little sad (as well as insanely happy) because as much as I adore wildlife and love them to
come near me, I do hope they retain a fear of humans and stay away as not all of our species are nice.
It was lovely to see you again though Reep 🐭🖤






21st June 2022
Day 21 of 30 Days Wild.
Happy Summer Solstice 🌞
They've not been featured in my daily photos for a while, so here are
Eos, Aurora and Baker enjoying both the sun and shade.

We were also able to release Ludo tonight.
In comparison to Hoggle, he's a very timid, shy guy despite being so big!
We left him in the front garden, near the hoghouse with food and water in the proximity and
upon checking this morning he's completely gone - so fingers are crossed for a long, healthy life.

With Summer being fully here now and climate change bringing record temperatures, I implore you to look after pets and wildlife even more.
Make sure both have plenty of options of for access to fresh, clean water.
Keep pets indoors, don't walk your dogs, provide shade for all, make sure to pay close attention
to small animals and if hutches etc are outdoors please get them into the shade.
For all pets, there are numerous options for keeping cool, but a good free option includes filling bottles
 with water and freezing them, then wrapping them in a towel and leaving them in a place where your animal frequents.
 Search the internet for anything else you can do, please.
It is literally life and death.











22nd June 2022
Day 22 of 30 Days Wild.
It's World Rainforest Day today, and as I don't live in a country home to the beautiful rainforests of our planet we decided a normal forest and wildlife walk would suffice.
We visited a new reserve today and it was brimful of wonderful wildlife, including lots of babies.
 Mallard, Buzzard, Grey Wagtail, Mute Swan, Coot, Moor Hen, Common Tern, Robin, Bullfinch, Raven,
Wood Pigeon, Dunnock, a rabbit, bees, butterflies, dragonflies and probably more I'm forgetting!
It was an eventful and lovely visit and I'll share the rest of the photos and story of in a blog post soon.
 They may not be in our country, but we need to protect the Rainforests!
Home to millions of animals and a pivotal cog in the climate change emergency, please do what you can to help. 🌲🌳🌲🌳🌲



23rd June 2022
Day 23 of 30 Days Wild.
We got a new bug hotel for the front garden and have nestled it in below our Hawthorn bushes which are in front of our wild lawn!
The Birdsfoot trefoil is a big bee attractor and lots of other bugs love to flock to the wild lawn
in general, so hopefully, they'll make use of the hotel eventually.





24th June 2022
Day 24 of 30 Days Wild.

Our rain dance worked!
We got rain and we went back out to dance in it - literally 🌧️
It's been so hot and dry, the waterbutt was empty and I've had to refill the bird baths thrice a day and we really needed a downpour.
Rain is so, so important!! I think people take for granted where our water supplies come from.
They turn on the tap, flush the toilet and have a shower without half a thought of where the water came from. I
 hope plenty more rain comes next week to help water our plants and provide puddles for the wildlife.
My Blue Cross Rescue Run medal also finally arrived today, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment