lefttab about index follow righttab

Sunday 3 July 2022

2022 Project 365 // Days 176 - 182

 



25th June 2022
Day 25 of 30 Days Wild.
Our mini pond is done! Well, it's started.
I've been meaning to get this in for a while so although it's not exactly how I want it yet,
it is at least in using what we already had.
I'll add to it a little over the coming weeks and work out what is best but the main aspects
are there - water and exit points for anyone who needs them.
I chose to put it at the opposite end of the garden to the wildflower lawn as this spot is sheltered
and shaded by our little cherry tree and has a small patch of other wildflowers under it.
The water looks murky because there are pebbles in the bottom and
I couldn't want for it all to settle before getting a photo obviously ha!

Another wild book was also finished today!
The Wild Before by Piers Torday.
Again a book for those of us who are environmentalists as well as for those who are not yet... 🌍









26th June 2022
I'm really enjoying now doing Sundays rather than Saturdays with the cats, so far.
Solero, Minim, Kiki, Cossie and Miles & Ronnie were all completely fantastic and made it extra hard for me to leave today.

Day 26 of 30 Days Wild.
For 30 Days Wild I'm showing my wild garden and combining it with my annual photo for our house-iversary!
As of today, we've lived here 3 years and I've taken a photo each year to show the progress of our garden.
I decided to take a photo from Baker's bedroom window too, to show the garden a little better.
 Obviously, we're country folks stuck living suburban-ly, so we do what we can with the spaces we have.











27th June 2022
Day 27 of 30 Days Wild.
Another early morning, solo exploration at Marsden Bay.
I also managed to squeeze in a nature mandala for this year as last year I made a one from found feathers and the year before from petals and plants from my garden.
It's a little sad climbing across the rockpools in 2022, because as I child who grew up on the coast it was a common activity in the 90s
for me and its highly noticeable the reduction in tidal pool creatures or life.
I did spot a few winkles, the odd anemones and the remnants of one birds lunch -
a single crab, as well as this sea slater but other than that all was rather still.
The Kittiwakes have dropped some egg shells and from the few little noises I could hear between the adults, I think babies are here.
I couldn't see any but some parents were swooping in with food for the other...
I love a Wagtail too, so it was a nice goodbye to see this Pied guy gathering food near my car as I left.











28th June 2022
Day 28 of 30 Days Wild.
My extended family 🖤
I love all the beautiful array of British birds that choose to frequent my garden and I'll never not be excited to see any living creature, especially at home.
Of course we also get smaller birds not pictured today, but I want to appreciate the unappreciated.
I'm feeling a bit sad that 30 Days Wild is coming to and end... but then I remember that pretty much every day in this house is a wild day.
My gardens evolve each passing month and I'm proud to welcome those that others may deem a nuisance.









29th June 2022
Day 29 of 30 Days Wild.
The last Wednesday (Mr H's only day off) of 30 Days Wild and we decided to visit St Paul's Monastery.
 We also took a walk along part of the River Don, past Jarrow Bridge and got soaked by the wet grass.
 We got to see a lovely little Squirrel, hug some awesome old trees and added an Oystercatcher and Curlew
 to my 'spotted' list for this month, bringing my total species seen in June to 41!









30th June 2022
Day 30 of 30 Days Wild.
😢 Its all over. 30 Days Wild is done.
However, as I said the other day, pretty much every day is a wild day in the Hallow Household.
Today started with a fantastic rain shower helping to top up our waterbutt, and this lovely snail was exploring the garden.
I thought it'd be cool to end the month as we started with a big wild breakfast, so as my parents were down they joined Baker, a Robin and I for toast in the garden.

We then drove over to the cemetery to leave one of my painted stones for Grandma.
A ladybird welcomed us as we tidyed the place up.
As we had a walk through the trees to visit my great grandparents grave, a Jackdaw landed to pose with my Grandmas grave perfectly in the background.
Although I didn't get a photo, I also saw a Treecreeper (taking my bird species spotted in June to 42!).

 Ending the day was a moth on our backdoor while I took Baker out for the toilet.
Moths and Butterflies are a big phobia of mine so it takes courage to photograph them haha.

That concludes my 6th year taking part in 30 Days Wild! 🐌🐦🐞🦋


1st July 2022
A Forest Bug (Red-legged Shieldbug) has set up camp on our gigantic Hollyhocks which are nearing bloom time!


No comments:

Post a Comment