lefttab about index follow righttab

Sunday 17 July 2022

2022 Project 365 // Days 190 - 196

 


9th July 2022
Taking photos for my 'What I Read Last Quarter' blog post and Eos decided she needed in on the action.
 It ended up being the best photo of the books too!











10th July 2022
I missed all my cat pals as I skipped last week with 2 of our babies being a little poorly and I didn't want to risk spreading any tummy bugs.
This week made up for it though, with so many little loves.
It seems that sadly many of the amazing cats we have right now are waiting a little longer than usual.
I guess people are going on holidays and enjoying the weather rather than adopting?

Anyway, I got to spend some awesome quality time with Sparkle, Solero, Whizzy & Wiggy, Kiki, Ronnie & Miles and Sam.
Sam has been having a rough time.
His door is shaded by blankets as he'd been very frightened, so before I left I decided I'd pop in and just sit for 5 minutes.
He was hiding under his blanket but I talked very softly, sang a little to him and then spotted a nose peeking at me!
All of a sudden he came out and straight over to me!
We had kisses and hugs and we sat and watched everything outside the window.
I explained to him where he was and what was going on and then it was dinner time.

I've said it before but I always tell every cat 'I love you' before leaving so they know
they are loved and that I'll be back (unless they are re-homed by the time Im next in).
Sam absolutely made my day and is why I volunteer.
Adopt dont shop. 🐈



11th July 2022
Watching the Jackdaw family doing Jackdaw things.




12th July 2022
More lovely garden visitors today.
A Dunnock, Goldfinches and the white Pigeon is back!










13th July 2022
This little man is going to turn 10 next month.
His aging has been particularly evident over the past few months and although I
hopefully have many years left with him, I've been feeling fearful of loosing him.
With Baker's history of being attacked and in turn now being a nervous, reactive dog,
simple things like walks and taking him out are incredibly difficult...
Especially when other owners and people are so inconsiderate.

However, I'm determined to make memories with him while I can.
We were heading up to do some jobs for my parents so as it was the coolest day we've had/will be having lately
and our last opportunity before the schools break up, I wanted to take Baker on the Heatherslaw Light Railway.
I went on the train here as a child, as an adult with friends and now I got to share it with my husband and Baker.
It wasn't without its stresses, but overall it was a good little activity. πŸ•πŸš‚



14th July 2022
Reepicheep was sitting waiting on the empty bird table, picking at crumbs,
when I was bringing out the fresh food for the morning.
I love to see her πŸπŸ–€
The clouds were also very cartoon-like this evening so I had to get a photo of the sky too.



15th July 2022
So this morning started well...
Went out to the car and somehow Mr H noticed that the back passenger tire had a nail through it.
This is like the 3rd time this has happened in this car!
 I took it down to the tire garage when they opened and we were super lucky that it pulled
right out and had only gone through the outer layer of the tred! Such a close call.

Today was also St Swithins day!
In British Folklore it is said that if it rains on St Swithins day, it will rain for the next 40 days.
Sadly, it was also very sunny in the afternoon so I'm guessing we aren't going to be blessed
with water and instead have to suffer the climate change extreme temperatures...


No comments:

Post a Comment