lefttab about index follow righttab

Wednesday 5 July 2023

2023 Daily Photos // Days 176 - 182




25th June 2023
A litter pick and Ladybug morning for 30 Days Wild and playing with clay for the summer Craft for Cats.






26th June 2023
More crafting after letting my initial pot get leather hard.
Aurora enjoy sitting watch mammy and Mars, although not interested in my craft had a lovely afternoon with his Broccoli!






27th June 2023
We bought a new Foxglove for the garden recently and the bees love it! 
This old guy seems to have an issue with his wings and has hung around the same area in our garden recently.
I offered them some sugar water and moved them to the Foxglove for some shelter.
I also was happy to photograph a (Marmalade?) Hoverfly enjoying some of our wildflowers.

I'd ordered a pin to commemorate our little camping trip and it arrived today too!









28th June 2023
Today we popped by the beach where we volunteer with the Ringed Plover conservation programme. 
We only were able to locate one RP today but it did seem like they were attending to a nest which is exciting.
I also got to dip my feet, see a Cormorant, some Common Terns and lots of Butterflies, Bees and Hoverflies, as well as the Herring Gulls with their babies on the rocks. 
You'll see I made a heart with some small pebbles - I cautiously chose them and I returned them straight back to where they came from as soon as I took the photo.

On the walk along the cliffs back to the car, we were treated to the sight of seals!
Growing up by the coast, I saw seals on a regular basis but I've never seen them in this area before.
There were about 3 adults feeding in the sea and then we spotted the baby lounging on the rocks!!



29th June 2023
Making the time to do some potting, I got the Foxglove into its new home and potted some other little bits.
We haven't grown much or bought many plants or flowers this year but it's still nice to have something.





30th June 2023
The final day of 30 Days Wild and my gorgeous, beloved mice family popped up to say hello!
I'm always over the moon to see them, but extra so that I could include them in this year's project.

Today also saw a very happy occasion when we were able to re-release our young rescue pigeon Hypnos.
There will be a separate post talking more about his rehabilitation, hopefully soon.

1st July 2023
Baby blackbird is back again today! So pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment