


14th May 2026
Clouds are so cool.










15th May 2026
I finally got to photograph the Collared Dove pair from the tree across the road!
Daddy Blackbird was back and forth again today while we worked in the garden too.
I also can't believe our Violas from (I think) Winter have had a second wave!












16th May 2026
One of the fledglings was sunbathing on nextdoors roof when I opened the curtains this morning!
And as always, documenting the progress in the front garden.





17th May 2026
Today I noticed a lone pigeon still in the garden after the flock had left.
I will keep an eye on them...
Lots of comfy, curling up going on today for the cats.


18th May 2026
Rainbow cats!



19th May 2026
A lovely rainy day!
The rain was so heavy that Mam and I had to sit in the car for a while before we could get out with the shopping.






20th May 2026
After keeping an eye on this pigeon for a couple of days, we decided today we had to act.
At first I thought they had perhaps been born without a lower jaw, however on closer inspection it was evident they had a broken lower jaw and so couldn't eat or drink.
We managed to get a hold of them and took them to our local rescue (who are amazing).
Sadly, for an issue like this the kindest thing is to help them pass as if we had have left them they would have slowly starved or been predated.
However, within a minute of us arriving they had prepared a syringe full of food and pain relief so that when they passed they would have a full belly and no pain.
Inbetween photographing the pigeon in the morning and then an hour or so later decideing to get a hold of them, we had a slot booked at the recycling village.
Within our stuff was a broken old plastic plant pot and a snail we hadn't noticed had tagged along!
Of course I wasn't going to let it be thrown to it's doom, so I grabbed whatever I could to carry it in and took it home to its/our garden.
You may have noticed though that during their adventure their shell got damaged. Having just finished reading 'The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating' the day before,
I knew that snails can repair their shells depending on the extent of the damage...and so began my own snail friend observation...



No comments:
Post a Comment