lefttab about index follow righttab

Sunday 13 June 2021

2021 Project 365 // Days 155 - 161

 



June 4th 2021
So lovely to have nice weather when Mr H is actually off work!
We spent a big chunk of the day in the garden with Baker and the piggies, planting out some mint
and just generally feeling the grass and soil between toes and fingers!
(Photo is of Mars our little partially sighted rescue Guinea Pig)


June 5th 2021
Watched this little guy scrambling back and forward building their web in my plant this morning!



June 6th 2021
Although it's 30 days wild, this is still year 9 of my Project 365.
So far in 2021 we have had a bath bomb bath every Sunday, so I didn't want to stop that photo streak just for June.
We're still getting wild though!
As you can see I spotted a lovely little Caterpillar chilling on our Pokerplant in the morning while out watering plants,
topping up bird feeders and playing with a plant identification website,
finding out the names of different things growing in our front garden!











June 7th 2021
Our first walk of the month (maybe our only one as we usually get only once a month these days)was also the last at Newburn Riverside.
We went after Mr H finished work and next week he will be moving to a new job so we'll be unlikely to make the journey all the way there again.
I enjoy walking here, when it's quiet at least, and as you can see from the amount of wildlife you'll be able to guess why.
Of course, I took more photos than these so look out for the coming blog posts!
I'm getting very disheartened with my photography right now, I really need a camera
upgrade but can't justify or afford one...especially when it's not for work anymore.


June 8th 2021
Happy World Oceans Day πŸ‹πŸ πŸ¬πŸ™πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ³πŸ¦ˆ
Growing up by the sea means I've always had a connection to the water.
As a child, I wanted to be a marine biologist and of course (with growing up in the 90s) I had a dolphin themed room.
Let's just say I kind of get what Moana is singing about!
As I mentioned last month on my first trip to a beach in 314 days, despite still living very close to multiple, I am really missing being able to enjoy and appreciate the coast.
Obviously, I was unable to visit today of all days which is sad.
Instead, I got out the stones that I collected last beach trip to do some more pebble painting!
The last time I did some was in November!
I have 5 started off, now left to dry before working on them some more and finally hiding them out in the world for others to find.

This World Oceans Day please consider what you can do to Save Our Oceans!
Remember, Fish are Friends not Food! Be mindful of your plastic use/waste.
Invest in reusables. Pick up your friggin rubbish. Conserve water. Go cruelty-free.
Don't buy unethical tourist souvenirs. Support ocean conservation organizations.
And leave nothing but footprints πŸ‘£



June 9th 2021
On the 5th I completed my 5k run for Born Free, in celebration of the great Virginia McKenna's 90th birthday on the 7th!
My beautiful medal from Virtual Racing UK arrived today, my 3rd medal of the year.

This morning's freshly cut grass gave a nice background for the photo, but for Day 9 of 30 Days Wild I want to share our 'wild patch'.
Every year we always leave a third of our front grass uncut.
I have to admit to caving to social pressures and not wanting to anger neighbours by leaving the whole thing wild,
but this little patch along with all our flowers are definitely well enjoyed by all the bees, birds and other insects!
I very much recommend it. 🌱🌾🌿




June 10th 2021
Another day in the garden, today we were cloud watching and spotting the partial eclipse!
Can you see the dolphin-shaped cloud??
Argo enjoyed some of our homegrown lettuce while outside too πŸΉπŸ–€

No comments:

Post a Comment