lefttab about index follow righttab

Wednesday 7 June 2023

2023 Daily Photos // Days 148 - 154







28th May 2023
Today is the 3rd planting-versary of our Hawthorn bush and we take a photo every year to chart its growing progress.
I trimmed the very top and outside of our wall, fingers crossed it continues to bulk out.
It's doing really well though and is loved and used by lots of little birds.
Hopefully, it will begin to produce berries to feed them in the coming year too!

Mr H came home from work with a little memory box and a pyrography tool so I could make something for Argo.
It was my first time so isn't perfect but it was done with love for him.


29th May 2023
It's always nice to open the curtains to a cute face.
The birds are our usual visitors to the Hawthorn, but today a sleepy guy popped by for a cat nap.

Later in the evening, we took Argo out in the garden for the last time to pick him some flowers.


30th May 2023
Argo is home.
He has never spent a night away from home and never will.
We said our final goodbyes to his body today as we took him to be cremated and were thankfully able to bring him home again with us.
We visited a garden centre where we bought two antique vases and some faux flowers for him.
I printed his photo and put his things into his memory box.
My chest aches as my heart has broken - this is so hard.








31st May 2023
My little man's memory box. 
I'm so lucky to share life with a husband who is so kind, caring and loves our animals as much as I do.
I could never have coped with this loss without him.
He not only dealt with so many things so I didn't have to but he helped me take footprints,
a clipping of Argo's hair and had the original idea to get the box. 
I also ordered a soft toy Guinea Pig that looks similar and it arrived today so even though
my last real hug with Argo was yesterday, I will always be able to hug 'him' when I need to.

My medal for the 10k Miles for Moggies run I did a couple weeks ago came today too.






1st June 2023
A surprising start to 30 Days Wild!
When seeing Mr H off to work at 6.30 there were 3 Mallards chilling on the path. 
Not a bird that has ever been around here, nor should be. 
One of the males seemed to have a poorly leg and kept sitting down but I needed to know if he could at least fly and hopefully head back to water as our road, though access only, is relatively busy with cars (going far too fast) and lots of dogs off lead so not a safe place for them to be.
A man started to come down the road with a dog after Mr H had pulled off in the car, so I tried to shepherd the Mallards onto the grass or even better encourage them to fly over the fence into the large school field. 
Thankfully they listened to me and took off. I kept an eye out for the guy with the sore foot in case I needed to contact the wildlife rescue but there's been no sign. I hope they headed back to the river and swimming has helped to heal him.





2nd June 2023
We always leave a portion of our grass wild, but during No Mow May we let it all grow.
This was the result as of today. 


3rd June 2023
Finishing my book out in the garden with my boyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment