lefttab about index follow righttab

Wednesday 3 January 2024

2023 Daily Photos // Days 359 - 365

 


24th December 2023
My gorgeous old man.








25th December 2023
We went on our annual Beamish Woodland walk.
Got our monthly couples portrait, saw some sneaky squirrels and followed the stream.











26th December 2023
Did a spot of gardening seeing as the temperatures are still so mild
and there were a few bits that needed done. 
It's nice to find that there is still life out too.
Then we had the last full moon of the year, the Cold moon, to end the night.



27th December 2023
The wild rains and winds returned today!
It's funny because many coin this 'miserable' weather, but what makes wet weather sad and sunny weather happy?

Water is just as important as light, if not more so.
I took a minute to stand outside with my head to the sky and let the raindrops fall on me this morning.
I appreciate living in a place where water isn't as scarce as some places in the world, though I wish people didn't take it so for granted.












28th December 2023
Obviously, I feed the birds every single morning, it's part of my routine.
But today I took an hour or so to just sit at the front door and watch them.







29th December 2023
Early morning litter pick and watching the sunrise!












30th December 2023
As much as I love being outdoors, I struggle to go far alone.
On the other hand I also really struggle being at home alone, particularly because of where we live.
Today I forced myself out and took a 3-mile round walk to the river Don.





31st December 2023
Ending the year with a lot of anxiety about the incoming fireworks etc.
I tried to keep myself busy doing a linocut but ended up injuring myself,
so went on to this awesome jigsaw!
Mr H and I ended the day with a Penguin bath bomb and Tiger facemasks.


-----

And that brings us to the end of the 11th year of Project 365! 
Shall I continue into year 12...?


2 comments:

  1. Your photos are gorgeous, but I especially love the first robin and blackbird ones. I've always loved rainy days- they're so cosy!- but sunny days usually seem to make me feel happier.

    ReplyDelete