lefttab about index follow righttab

Wednesday 10 January 2024

2024 Daily Photos // Days 1 - 7

 











1st January 2024
Started the year just as I did last year, watching the sunrise at Marsden Bay!
This year Mr H joined me and there was a parcel of Oystercatchers there too.
Isn't it funny that a group of Oystercatchers are called a parcel?! I just learnt that.
I also finished my first jigsaw of the year and it was an AWESOME one!






2nd January 2024
I had planned on doing some more gardening in the back today but the rain had other ideas.
I did go out and grab some fresh parsley (which is still growing strong for some reason) to give to Mars.










3rd January 2024
We had our first Wetlands visit of 2024 today and it brought us a Kingfisher!!
Wow. I've only seen one once before and it was fleeting, so to watch and photograph
(though from a distance) this one was magic.


4th January 2024
I am not a non-fiction reader. I primarily read children's/middle-grade fiction
but my first book of 2024 is The Life of Birds by Sir David Attenborough.
Mr H recently invested in The Foragers Calendar and I'm very excited by my recent addition
The Wheel of the Year, both of which will be constant handbooks throughout the year.










5th January 2024
For my very last day of 12 Days Wild I wanted to do something other than sit in the house.
I decided on another solo adventure and so had the car and went for a morning wander down
at Cleadon Hills to see the Exmoor Ponies.
It was very wet and not great photo-taking conditions, but it was a lovely walk all the same.


6th January 2024
Mam and Dad got us a box full of bath bombs recently and in today's bath, we used Sleepy Bear.


7th January 2024
Is that a double-headed gull?! haha

2 comments:

  1. So many beautiful photos. And such a great shot of the geese flying overhead. You're so lucky to have spotted a kingfisher- I've never seen one in my life. I love how colourful it looks against the foliage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Oh I know, I couldn't believe our luck! They are seen there quite often but we've never really been able to go in that hide before so it was so cool. Amazing isn't it? Hopefully I'll get to see one much closer this year.

      Delete