lefttab about index follow righttab

Wednesday 1 January 2020

2019 Project 365 Round Up


It's been since May 2018 that I wrote any text on this blog other than the date above the images, even then it was only a sentence or so to describe the happenings in said photos. However, I did previous use my main blog to do multiple P365 related text filled blog posts such as; monthly round ups where I talked about each months highlights and later moving on to a series called 'Back Through the Lens' where I'd go over my projects from 2013 onwards, chose a photo from each week and compare each week of the year over a span of 5 years.

During the last quarter of 2019 my Husband and I started a new blog dedicated to books, reading and everything in-between. But I still find myself missing blogging about other things.
Sooo, here's the plan. As of now I'm going to aim to post at least my daily photos once a week and a Back Through the Lens post once a week. I'd also love to be able to do a monthly summary, just as I used to, showing the month overall and my highlights.

This post itself is actually not just going to be a ramble, but a mini round up of 2019. The best, the worst and the memorable!



January Moments
 - Mr H and I saw in the New Year together.
- We moved Mr H fully into our first flat together and I lived there part time.
- We went to see Circus of Horrors in Newcastle.
- We did our 20k charity hike for Born Free.
Memorable Photo: Snow :(



February Moments
- We got our rescue Guinea Pigs, Mars and Argo!
- We got our matching rune finger tattoos.
- I fully moved into the flat.
- We went to Alnwick Gardens & Barter Books for Mr H's Birthday.
Memorable photo: Visiting Lindisfarne Priory then the tide blocking us on St Cuthbert's Island.



March Moments
- We visited Saltwell Park and hand fed the Squirrels and Birds.
- We went to Alnwick Gardens again for Dad's birthday.
- I injured my back pretty badly and spent a good week barely able to walk.
- We visited my Baker boy in Berwick and had fun at the beach.
Memorable photo: Eos and Aurora inspecting our new cabinet.



April Moments
- Mr H had to go to the emergency dental hospital.
- Eos got spayed.
- Mam and I went to see Dumbo at the cinema.
- We had two lovely woodland walks: Holywell Dene and Causey Arch.
Memorable photo: A spring country walk with Baker at Ford and Etal.



May Moments
- Got the medal for our second 20k charity hike for Born Free of the year.
- Mr H and I visited 'New Asgard' (St Abbs) and Eyemouth with Baker.
- We saw Aladdin at the cinema.
- I got a terrible puncture less than 7 weeks after buying a full new set of tires.
Memorable photo: Vegetarian chips and a picnic blanket at sunny Beamish.




June Moments
- We went to meet Nana as she got taken to hospital.
- We visited Arbeia Roman Fort.
- We saw Dippy on Tour at the Hancock Museum.
- We moved into our new house and Baker came to live with us forever!
Memorable photo: Baby geese on one of our walks.



July Moments
- We decided to get married and booked our wedding.
- I made lots of yummy vegan food (pizza and chocolate cake) now we had a proper oven. 
- We bought some more beautiful vintage/antique furniture.
- I had excruciating wisdom teeth pain but found the best gel to help.
Memorable photo: We got matching 'engagement' rings.



August Moments
- We gave our marriage notice!
- We had a lovely walk foraging in Penshaw woods.
- A hedgehog visited our garden.
- Baker turned 7.
Memorable photo: Gorgeous vegan dinner at the new dining room table.



September Moments
- We visited the church where my 6x paternal great grandmother got married.
- We went to Kynren.
- Mr H decorated the living room.
- We did the Altzhimer's Memory walk at Beamish.
Memorable photo: The guineas got to enjoy the weather by playing out in the garden.



October Memories
- We decorated for Halloween.
- I met up with my highschool friend Rowan.
- We went to Beamish Halloween evening.
- We got married on Halloween!!
Memorable photo: We carved pumpkins and it was Mr H's first time.



November Memories
- Mr H and I spent the day in Edinburgh at the Castle and Museums.
- We went to see Maleficent 2 at the cinema.
- We got matching Mr and Mrs Hallow dressing gowns.
- My beautiful Nana passed away and had her funeral :(
Memorable photo: The start of the frosty season brings extra feeding pals. 



December Memories
- A Goshawk visited us!
- I got on my sewing machine and made a pin pendant.
- We started to re-grow some leek cut offs.
- We went to see Jumanji: The Next Level with my parents.
Memorable photo: Mr H and I had an awesome long walk in Beamish woods.



This is exactly why I love doing this project. Being able to look back on any day of the year and see what I did, who I spent it with, where we explored is such an exciting and precious thing that I will never tire of. Obviously there have been many down times and sad occurrences too, but being able to look over the year as a whole shows you all the things you have to be thankful for.
I very much look forward to continuing my photo journey and documenting our lives into this new decade. Hi 2020, how are ya?!





No comments:

Post a Comment