lefttab about index follow righttab

Monday 3 January 2022

2021 Project 365 Round-Up

 


Another year over and gone. How many versions of that have you heard or read in the past few days? 
With another year finished it also brings to a close my project 365 daily photos, my 9th year of it to be exact. Nine years of (pretty much) daily photos. I've heard multiple times over these past nine years, from a range of people, how difficult it must be to take a photo every day and although you do intentionally have to pick up a camera and some days settle for the everyday mediocre subject, it becomes routine. Plus, if you are someone who takes photos a lot anyway it isn't a chore in the slightest. I will never regret having nine years of memories to look back on, to remember where I was or what I was doing on any given day. It's fantastic. 
Anyway, as I enter year 10 of daily photos I wish to share my round-up of this past year. Below you will find my 2021 in Review.

Check out the previous year in review here > 2020 Project 366 Round-Up 





January Moments
- Starting my 90-mile distance challenge in aid of Vukjac Shelter.
- Adopting the Ethiopian Wolf Family with Born Free.
- Lots of deep cleaning.

Above photo - A lovely Rock Dove enjoying the birdbath before it froze over again after my routinely morning ice breaking. 

See all of January 2021's photos here.






February Moments
- Finally completing my sign language course.
- Camping in the living room and virtual tours with Jorvik for Mr H's 30th.
- Getting the washing out on the line for the first time in months.

Above photo - A very wintery walk along Newburn Riverside.

See all of February 2021's photos here.






March Moments
- Ran my first ever half marathon in one go, from the living room!
- Starting the greenhouse and garden planting.
- Yummy new recipes like broccoli pizza and vegan chocolate chip cookies.

Above photo - Hela helping us to celebrate World Book Day.

See all of March 2021's photos here.






April Moments
- Starting my Zoology Diploma course online.
- A wildlife-filled Earth Day walk.
- Getting out to hide some of my painted stones.

Above photo - The stress of thinking this squirrel was stuck when in fact he was apparently sleeping until I got involved ha!

See all of April 2021's photos here.




May Moments
- The return of Hoggle.
- A rainy day walk on the beach after surprising Mam.
- Finding my childhood toy Simba's long lost twin with Loved Before.

Above Photo - Saving another bee after sadly, accidentally, locking them in the greenhouse overnight.

See all of May 2021's photos here.






June Moments
- 30 Days Wild!
- Getting to paddle in the sea after so long.
- 2-year house-iversary.

Above photo - Our first visit to Beamish in over a year.

See all of June 2021's photos here.






July Moments
- Our day trip to the medieval Ad Gegrin and Maelmin.
- Baker's day out at Beamish and him meeting horses.
- The gardens in full bloom!

Above photo - At the gates looking over the field where Ad Gefrin once stood.

See all of July 2021's photos here.






August Moments
- The guineas got a new set-up.
- Lots of birds and wildlife.
- Baker turned 9!

Above photo - Exploring Twizel Castle with Mam.

See all of August 2021's photos here.






September Moments
- Getting ready for Halloween.
- Doing two half marathons.
- Making and crafting.

Above photo - A rainy day walk at Beamish Woods.

See all of September 2021's photos here.






October Moments
- Decorating for Halloween 
- Getting to take Baker for a rare beach visit
 - Our wonderful wildlife walk to Duddo Stone Circle
- Camping inside 
- Samhain Dinner

Above photo - Our 2021 Jack O' Lanterns.

See all of October 2021's photos here.






November Moments
- A couple nice walks at Berwick, despite being there for medical reasons.
- Finishing my Zoology Diploma
- Getting a new camera.

Above photo - My first proper month volunteering for Cats Protection.

See all of November 2021's photos here.






December Moments
- The last of my medals and certificates of the year arriving.
- Mr H having 12 whole days off work.
- Meeting a lovely pair of Roe Deer.

Above photo - One of the last sunsets of 2021!

See all of December 2021's photos here.



And that's a wrap of 2021! Another quiet year just like the previous, but still better than 2020 in regards to family illness and other stresses. There were a few more outdoor adventures though hopefully we can step that up again in the new year. We also still may have not had our honeymoon or even have one on the horizon, but I did finally get to start that volunteer job with Cats Protection which I am loving. 
I ran over a thousand miles gaining 8 medals total which in turn contributed to a few different animal charities, I earned a distinction in my Zoology course and took part in a few other smaller courses too.

Thanks for following along with my 9th year of daily photos. Remember you can see them in real-time over on my Instagram - mrs.hall0w . Some of the days also have many more photos to see but I cap it at 10 for this project, so pop onto my main blog - Underland to Wonderland - to see posts including those as well as much more.

Until next time... 


No comments:

Post a Comment