lefttab about index follow righttab

Sunday 19 April 2020

Back Through the Lens - Week 16


Welcome back to my new series 'Back Through the Lens'. Click here to see week 1 and read all about what is going on.
The short explanation is that 2020 is my 8th year of documenting my life through photos and so I'm looking back at this exact week over the past 7 years to compare them! This is week 16.



2013 - 20th April 
Proof that Baker did used to love playing with other dogs! 
It wasn't until he was attacking numerous times by dogs of terrible owners that he finally decided he wasn't going to bother being friends with any dogs at all. 
I miss being able to take him on walks.


2014 - Week 16 April
A lovely little blue tit in the tree outside my kitchen window when we lived at Fawdon. 
We didn't get much wildlife there. It was a flat I suppose.


2015 - 17th April
My bari Nana, with Mam pushing her in her chair down to visit my house. 
I miss her too.


2016 - 21st April
I was an arty child, colouring and drawing a lot but now 
I haven't much skill minus copying Disney characters.


2017 - 21st April
Looking back at the original post containing this photo I had written 
''Made friends with this beaut on our early morning walk. Dunno how anyone can eat these guys. Such a softy.
Today was also the day of the Husky incident on the field at Mams. (This is for my own recollection when looking back on these posts).''

It took me a second but the Husky incident was as follows... Mam, Baker and I had headed over to the field while there was no one else around - for reasons mentioned earlier - to play with his ball, my neck constantly swiveling on look out for other dogs. Out of literally no where a big husky appeared and went after Baker. We shouted and shouted for an owner, but there was none. I managed to get Baker out of the way while Mam distracted the Husky but it was going for her so we kept shouting for help assuming an owner must be near by. A man ran towards us and told us to quickly make our way home while he held the dog off (it had no collar or lead or anything)! We later found out that the dog wasn't his, he'd just saw the commotion and came to help us and after we were home the dog reappeared at the door leaving footprints where it was jumping and clawing at the door. It was not a fun experience, Baker ended up throwing up once we got back in the house and yet again I consigned to never take him out again...obviously we have but not in the same ways as we used to.


2018 - 22nd April
After having lived in Berwick from birth until 18 years old and then again from age 23/24 - 28 it's surprising that this was my first time ever being on our famous river. 
It was a very rainy boat trip.


2019 - 19th April
Looking at photos from this week it was hard to choose. 
Eos with her cone when she got spayed, walks at Holywell Dene and Causey Arch. 
But I decided on the day Mam and I went to see Dumbo at the cinema. 








No comments:

Post a Comment